Friday, February 2, 2018

Baby Scrapbooking Layout | Night Night

Hi everyone.  I just love working with baby collections. My babies aren't so little anymore but I have tons of photos left to scrap.  A baby scrapbooking layout is the perfect excuse to go into the vault and print some of those photos. Baby Scrapbooking Layout by @heatherleopard using @pebblesinc #NightNight collection #madewithpebbles #baby #babyscrapbook
Today's layout combines all of my favorite things...a single focus photo that tells the story, supersized title, repeating pattern and an area for handwritten journaling.
 Baby Scrapbooking Layout by @heatherleopard using @pebblesinc #NightNight collection #madewithpebbles #baby #babyscrapbook

I started out by figuring out where I wanted my title to be, which just happens to take up 2/3 of the page.  To make sure everything was precise, I designed the page in my die cutting machine software.  Once I had the title in place, I added space for the photo.  I had to adjust the size of the title ever so slightly to accommodate my photo.  Next, I added stars around the title, adding the bulk at the top and adding fewer and fewer as I went down the page.  I made sure to save room for sticker embellishments as well.

Baby Scrapbooking Layout by @heatherleopard using @pebblesinc #NightNight collection #madewithpebbles #baby #babyscrapbook   

Next, I glued patterned papers to the back of the stars, in varying patterns, making sure no two patterns were too close to each other.

Baby Scrapbooking Layout by @heatherleopard using @pebblesinc #NightNight collection #madewithpebbles #baby #babyscrapbook

Then, I added the title to the page.  You can see I lined my star cuts up when I was designing the page so that they would be the dots to each "i" in "twinkle twinkle". Optional: I chose to stitch around and through a few select stars. Some stars got an outer border, while some had another star stitched over them and others were rounded out with wonky circles.  Other stars were left as-is.  I also added stitching under the "twinkle twinkle" amd under the "R" at the end of the word "STAR".  I chose to highlight the R because my daughter's name starts with an R.

Baby Scrapbooking Layout by @heatherleopard using @pebblesinc #NightNight collection #madewithpebbles #baby #babyscrapbook

Last but not least, the "star" of the show, the photo.  I added a few patterned papers as layers behind the photo and then tucked a flower die cut and "dream baby" flag.  Then I added additional embellishments around the page, adding more stars, clouds and a sweet little moon. I left space to add journaling.  I have a lot to say about sleepy time so I will collect my thoughts and add the journaling in a day or two.

Thanks for stopping by today.
xoxo, Heather
YouTube | Instagram  |  Pinterest

Supplies: Night Night “Summer Breeze” Patterned Paper
Night Night “Snuggle Time” Patterned Paper
Night Night “Twinkle Twinkle” Patterned Paper
Night Night “Baby Blossoms” Patterned Paper
Night Night “Sweet Baby Girl” Patterned Paper Night Night Puffy Stickers
Night Night Accent Stickers Night Night Printed Cardstock Shapes

No comments: