Friday, September 9, 2016

Hello, You!

Hi everyone.  I have a new Pattern Play that's being featured on the Gossamer Blue blog today and it's one of my recent favorites.

For this Pattern Play, I'm revisiting the concept of repetition.



I absolutely love the Pink Paislee / Paige Evans bows in this month's kit.  I was trying to think of how I could use them on a page and was desperately wishing I had 27 of them.  I wasn't sure how I'd use them yet so I starting looking through the pattern papers and noticed the gorgeous ombre one and of course since it was from the same collection, it had all the colors of the bows. After a little thought, I decided I align the bows on the layout and fill in the remaining area with hand stitched bows, coordinating my embroidery floss with the pattern paper.


I knew hand stitching in great detail would take longer than I wanted so chose to use full bow length stitching, which saved lots of time and I think it helps match the bows a little better.


Next I added my photo, backing it with frames and flowers and a small tag title.  Then I tucked a little journaling tag under the photo.

Normally I would add additional embellishments on the opposite side of the page somewhere and maybe even a large title but I think these bows deserve to stand on their own.  As my daughter said to me when she saw it, "I don't like it. I LOVE IT!" and I hope you do too.

1 comment:

Leslie Germain said...

So sweet!! LOVE the bows and the stitched ones!!