Friday, July 8, 2016

Me, Myself & I

I am thrilled to be returning to the JustNick Studio design team.  I absolutely LOVE working with Nicole's cut files.


I love using quilt-inspired designs on my projects so my first instinct when I saw the new July files was to use the Quilted Background.  I used the Gossamer Blue July Main Kit, which is available NOW with tons of amazing add-ons.


This layout you see here was not my original plan.  Let me walk you through the thought process of how one thing led to another...


I decided that I wanted to use the file to piece together a background, instead of cutting it out of one piece and using it as an overlay so I cut 4"x4" squares and placed them next to each other across and down the CAMEO mat.  I cut each piece out and as I was pulling it all off the mat, I was really digging the leftover 4"x4" pieces so, onto the paper they went. I kept the other pieces and I am sure you'll be seeing them on another layout VERY soon.


Next, I laid the squares down, overlapping each other and angled just a bit.  The rest was easy - I added some layers behind and above my photo, added embellishments and mist splatters and then added my title.

4 comments:

Diana Waite said...

this is GREAT, I love the naturalness of it, and the pops of color are so yummy!

Yvette said...

I love the way you use this cut file ! Awesome!!!
So many beautiful embellishments :)

Leslie Germain said...

Such a fabulous page!! LOVE it!!

Chocoscrapaholic said...

How cool! Love the slightly angled look of those pieces - super fun and colorful!! Love that photo of y'all too. :)