Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Happy 12!

This sweetheart turned 12 back in October. She is amazing in so many ways and life with her is definitely an adventure.  I don't talk about why here on my blog because of her privacy but I hear you aren't given anything you can't handle and I am so happy and proud to be her mother.

So onto the fun things...she celebrated with a night out and then a sleepover with 4 - 5 friends. It was so great to see them having so much fun.  I captured this shot of her blowing out her sparklers candles.  Seriously, they were real sparklers and they all loved it.



I created this layout as a collaboration with PageMaps and JustNick Studio, so yep, this layout was inspired by a Becky Fleck sketch.  You can see all the sketches on her website.

I chose to use a combo on confetti acetate with a music sheet since we were all singing Happy Birthday! I punched some of the confetti from the scraps and placed them over the music paper to tie everything together.


The sketch actually called for 3 photos - the one in the center and then 2 at the top.  I chose to use two cards in their place. I sued two different cut files from Just Nick.  I used the Birthday Sentiments cut file and the heart from the exclusive files Nicole created for the Clique Kits team up in February.  You can use the Broken Heart cut file to achieve the same effect.



Want to get a free cut file of your choice?  Visit the Just Nick Store and use the code PAGEMAPSFREE to get ANY one design from the store until April 30, 2016!


3 comments:

Tracey said...

What a fun and fabulous page!!

ericarose said...

Love this!!!

Unknown said...

Love the page and pops of bright color.