Saturday, December 12, 2015

Everyday Happy

Hello, my friends.  For this October's Pattern Play I'm talking about fussy cutting. Especially known in the quilting world, fussy cutting is when you cut a detail or particular piece of a pattern. With so many amazing pattern papers, this technique most definitely applies to us scrapbookers.

I love to use this technique with busier patterns, specifically florals so when I saw the beautiful heirloom roses paper from the My Mind's Eye My Story collection in this month's add-on, I grabbed my needle nose scissors, because fine tip scissors are the best for fussy cutters with an eye for detail.


Seriously, how gorgeous are the flowers with those dark grey contrasting leaves?! I cut 6 sets of flowers, two from the corners and 4 other random sets.


I adhered 4 of my 6 sets of flowers to the cardstock background and had two smaller sets remaining. I knew I wanted to use them to add dimension to the page so I added foam adhesive to the back and placed them over the largest cluster on my background paper. I added some gold mist splatter to the page just before adding the photo.


Next, I tucked my photo in the new cluster of flowers, allowing the flowers to overlap just slightly but not enough to distract from the photo.  All that was left was to add the finishing details - title, journaling and a few embellishments here and there.

So there you have it.  I transformed a busy pattern paper background into beautiful embellishments to help tell the story of one little girl, enjoying watching the butterflies among the flowers at the rainforest.

I want to know...do you ever fussy cut? If not, your should try it.  Grab a pair of scissors, paper and turn on your favorite TV show. It'll go by in no time at all.

Supplies: Gossamer Blue Main Scrapbook Kit, Main add-on, Main Addon 2, Life Pages kit, Life Pages add-on, Bits & Pieces