Thursday, August 20, 2015

100 Wishes

The ladies over at Bella Blvd challenged me to create a layout based on the Pinterest inspired image shown HERE.

I embraced the feathers from the image and incorporated them as the key feature (aside from my photo) into my design using them as a border across the page.

I focused in on how the feathers were layered over each other. I also stitched over them like in the Pinterest image. I simply cut a dozen small feathers out of various pattern papers, layered them in different directions overlapping each other and stitched them across the page.


I added the photo and its layers of coordinating pattern paper, a title and several embellishments to complete the page. I love the background paper for many reasons but especially the wonky lines which were great for journaling.


So that's how I was "PINspired" by the image above.  Head over to the Bella Blvd blog to see how it inspired the other talented ladies.

4 comments:

Kat said...

love this page, heather!!

Diana Waite said...

love the layering and the use of feathers--AWESOME!

antenucci said...

Love this page!

Rhonda said...

Oh my gosh Heather!!! Such an awesome layout. I have tried to tell everyone I can about how wonderful it is. YOU are GREAT!! :0)