Friday, July 17, 2015

But first, Coffee

Hello friends!  How do you feel about die cuts?

It was Die Cuts week on the American Crafts blog so I was quite excited because die-cuts are one of my favorite embellishments. I love that you can layer them with other elements and/or use them as standalone accents to help tell the story like I did here. The coffee cups were just calling my name and were the perfect touch for this coffee loving couple.


How to: Layer strips of paper to the top and bottom of the layout. Add a 3 x 4" photo to the top center. Hand cut the letters out of the Salted Caramel pattern paper. Sprinkle die cuts around the page and stitch around a select few of them to make them stand out a bit more.  Stitch around the photo as well.  With the large hand cut letters and die cut sentiments, the title is taken care of so the last thing to do is add journaling.


Oh my gosh, I can't wait to go back to Europe. Lucky for me, it looks like it's in the plan again later this year!

Supplies: Shimelle True Stories collection: (370704) – Grey Floral Paper, (370712) – Salted Caramel Paper, (370713) – Americano Paper, (370743) – Die Cut Cardstock Shapes, (370733) – stickers, (370734) – small sticker book, (370736) – Enamel dots, (370745) – Wood Buttons


1 comment:

Chocoscrapaholic said...

Not a coffee drinker but this page is lovely!!! I love the column layout and the large title is awesome!!!