Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Sunshine, Sand & Smiles

Aloha everyone! I just got back from a wonderful vacation in Hawaii and I'm already wishing I was back in the tropical wonderland. Upon my return, I was eager to jump in and start scrapping our vacation photos with the Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine collection. The rainbow of colors and the gradients just epitomize the bright, sunny days we spent on the beach. We were lucky enough to spent our second week in Hawaii with friends who live there. They took us to all the local stops, which included secluded beaches that we had to ourselves, like Makalawena. My oldest daughter claims that the sand is "angel soft" and she couldn't be more right.  It was the perfect sand for drip castles...

I was looking at this collection and I knew I wanted to scrap these photos with it but I didn't have a design in mind. As I was looking through all the great pieces of the collection, I was drawn to the SN@P! Pockets and SN@P! Cards. They inspired this offset grid design and it all just fell into place.

The cards are great by themselves but it's a fun part of the creative process to dress them up with embellishments. I also cut little strips to use as a border on the top, bottom and left, adding enamel dots for dimension.

This cute little journaling card fits perfectly in the SN@P pocket. Simple Stories is just cool like that!  You can also see the "HELLO" SN@P! Cut card. I love that it has the word pre-cut. You can leave it as it or do what I did and back it with solid or pattern paper. I added a die cut and sticker on top to dress it up a little more.
So who else is scrapping their summer photos with me? Are you doing individual layouts, a mini album, Pocket Pages or something else? I have a gagillion photos from this trip so I think I will do a combo of individual layouts mixed with Pocket Pages but I'd love to know what you are doing. 

1 comment:

Diana Waite said...

love this SWEET happy page!