Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Made with Love

When I get to the end of a kit, like I did with the November Gossamer Blue kit, I always try to find a fun way to use the last last bit of kit leftovers, as evident with this layout. I still had this woodgrain paper that hadn't been touched as well as quite a bit of the paper with the hearts on it. It was already cut at an angle because I had used it for my "#favorite" layout for this month's Pattern Play blog post on the Gossamer Blue blog.

To create this page, I punched a row of hearts along the edge of my pink hearts paper and layered some strips of blue dot and pink scallop papers from my scraps, under the outer edge, which was just barely offset about 1/2" from the right side of the woodgrain paper. I then stitched the edges to give it a finished look.

 
Next, I pulled the fun tags from the kit and used them to help frame up my photo. I left oneof them unchanged but decided to alter two of them by simply adding strips of washi to one and an enamel heart to the other. I ladded more layers of paper,embellishments and a vellum frame to accent the photo even more. The last touch that I added to the photo was a resin bow right at her hairline.

 
I finished off the layout by adding bits and pieces, which included a vellum banner over a frame that I cut out, "XO" overlays, an "R" for Reese and a cute little bow with flower where I plan to journal.

I hope this will inspire you to make a scrap stash, if you don't already. I love that it challenges me to create a layout that I may never have thought to create had I been working with these elements when they first came out of the kit untouched.

Tell me, what do you do with your scraps? Do you chunk them, put them in a stash, maybe cut them up to make cards later? What do you do?

7 comments:

Leanne said...

this is so beautiful. Hard to believe it has been created from "leftovers"...x

Leanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fantastic write-up, Ive just subscribed to your RSS feed.
jeux de foot 3d

Fleursbydesign said...

So cute, love all the details :)

Dictionary said...

What a great way to use up leftovers. I love the angled paper and the tags were a nice touch.

msmith434343 said...

I love that sweet photo so much! It's really adorable. And with that pink bokah heart paper? Too too cute.

Diana Waite said...

oh my sweet layout!