Friday, May 24, 2013

Exotic Wildlife Zoo

Good morning, everyone! It's Friday and we have a 3-day weekend so I am super excited today!  I'm not sure what we're going to do this weekend but I wanted to show you what we did the last time we had time off from school and work.

I grew up in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, about 3 1/2 hours away from where I am now.  Oh how I miss living on the lake! Anyway, we headed out to a new exotic wildlife zoo. We had such a great time, aside from the deer in the petting zoo trying to eat my littlest daughter's skirt. And let me tell you how traumatic that is for a little girl who LOVES her skirts!  That aside, we got to feed camels, deer, llamas, baby goats and all sorts of animals I never thought we'd be close enough to ever meet.  We also got to see zebra, who were being shy that day, goats, who were actually standing way up in in trees, bison hanging out and so much more. Here's how I captured the details for my oldest daughter's album.


I had so many photos so I decided to make them either 2x2 or 2x3 and put them at an angle. This allowed me to still have a design aesthetic and include all the photos I wanted. I kept all the pattern paper to 2x2 and  luckily the title card and journaling card were 2x3. I added a few embellishments to some of the pattern paper. I intentionally kept embellies to a minimum. I used American Crafts Amy Tangerine Yes, Please to make this all come together.

The journaling goes a little something like this:
Supplies: Fulfill Paper (35936) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Reflect Paper (35938) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Share Paper (35930) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Perfect Paper (35932) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Understand Paper (35939) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Priority Paper (35941) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Truth Paper (35944) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Hopeful Paper (35946) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Life Remarks Accent & Phrase Stickers (42365) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Goodness Printed Chipboard Letter Stickers (53458) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Dream Mini Marks Rub-On Transfer Sheets (42369) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Adhesive Badges/Flair (85624) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Simplify Stitched Vellum Embellishments (85628) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Discover Tiny Matte Puffy Accents (42366) Amy Tangerine Yes, Please, Adhesive Badges (85658)  - Dear Lizzy Lucky Charm 

Thanks for stopping by today. If you like this project, I'd love to have you leave some love for it HERE on the American Crafts blog.

5 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love this Heather!! The diagonal design is really awesome!!

Emily Adams said...

so pretty! I love the diagonal design and all the fun, bright colors.

Leslie Germain said...

What a great page and use of lots of photos.

Diana Waite said...

FANTASTIC job I love it scrapped at an angle with a BUNCH of photos!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Such an awesome design, Heather!! Emma would have been pretty upset too with the deer.