Monday, October 1, 2012

Love Adventures Together

My oldest baby girl is 9 at exactly 9:40 am today, when this post goes live! I am both excited and sad at the same time to see her growing up. I can definitely see that she is maturing a lot this year. She's more aware and she is actually really into clothes and shopping, something she's never expressed an interest in. That's just one example and I'm citing it today because it is related to this layout I recently created.

I took a several days off work before school started so I could spend some mommy daughter time with my girls. We went to tea rooms, ice cream factory tour, manis/pedis and other fun stuff.

I spent one of the days with just my oldest so we could do back to school shopping. We snapped this quick photo as we took off for our shopping spree.

Supplies: American Crafts Amy Tangerine Sketchbook.

Creative How To: I got these Amy Tangerine sketchbook goodies from American Crafts and quickly went to work. I started this layout knowing I wanted to use the chevron paper and the hearts but plaving the photo on the chevron was not gonna work since it just got lost so I added the grid and just layered away with paper from a 6x6 pad and scrap, die cuts, stickers, bits, journaling cards and more. Before I adhered it all down I took a step back and realized there was something missing from the chevron pattern - a bit of color. I pulled out my Mr Hueys mists and ran my finger across the inside of the nozzle and then dabbed it on the paper quickly spreading it across as it was quickly drying. Just a few dabs here and there and I was happy. Lastly, I doodled a bit and added journaling.

A little mist, two techniques...

 The journaling reads: We played hookie from summer camp and work to have a mommy/daughter day. We spent the afternoon shopping for clothes, shoes and back to school supplies. I had a great time & you said it was the best day ever!

Layers... 

Happy birthday to my oldest baby girl! 

The birthday fairy paid her a visit while she was sleeping. She was SOOOOO excited to wake and find this surprise.

Actually the door was open when she woke so she could see the sign and crepe paper. Her younger sister's room is adjacent to hers. Little sister woke up first and was soo worried that her sister was trapped, until we explained it to her.

The birthday girl busted through like a champ.
xoxo, Mommy!

13 comments:

Andrea said...

awww! So awesome! Love what you did with her door! I love amy tan and you used it beautifully! I Love all the layers!

Tracey said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!! Love the decorated door!!

And I love your layout!! So fabulous!!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I LOVE all the layering!

Diana Waite said...

Happy Birthday to your girl! LOVE how you scrapped your every day with her--BEAUTIFUL!

orange gearle said...

I love everything about this! I especially love the bits of color you added to the chevron paper, you are right, just what it needed! I also like the bits of blue spread across the page. Ties it together quite nicely.

Diana Fisher said...

Such a fun layout and I love the birthday surprise!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Happy birthday to the birthday girl! Such a sweet LO and so awesome!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Happy birthday to your girl!!!! Brookie's is Thurs!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the colors, the layers and the misting splatters!!! And what cute photos of her door!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee them!!!!

Viji Siddharth said...

Love the bright colors!! How did you distress the edges? Awesome layering!

Nina Yang said...

Beautiful Layout Heather! So bright and happy!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes and sweet comments!

Viji - My Close to My Heart distressing tool is my favorite way to distress the edges of my paper. You can also use an xacto knife bit you have to be careful not to cut yourself and it tends to rip the paper a bit more, which is often a good thing, since you are asking me!

Jo said...

Hi Heather;
I love how you have created lovely memories for you and for Rheagan.
Much love to all of you.

Viji Siddharth said...

Thanks heather! I will have to get my hands on it!