Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Faux Snow Day

We don't see much snow down here in the houston suburbs so we have to improvise.  These photos were taken years ago when my oldest daughter was just 3 (she's 8 now).  Our neighborhood has an annual Chirstmas party and the kids just love that snow is brought in.  It's really chipped ice but no one cares.  We had a great time making tiny snowmen and throwing snowballs aka ice-balls. 

It's super cold here now so I am hoping there's a chance for a bit of snow this year.  fingers crossed!
Supplies: Pink Paislee Snow Day Collection: Cozy Sweater, Fireside, Warm Mittens, Snowball Fight, Frosty papers; Ephemera, Wood Shapes, bitty blocks alphas; Studio Calico Mr Huey white mist, Imaginisce i-top 2.0 and small brad daddy; Martha Stewart punch.

I did a lot of distressing on this layout and tucked in coordinating paper here and there in the exposed areas.  I couldn't resist adding the heart shaped "i love snow" ephemera at the top.  I also misted the wood elements with white mist and added a little paper for added touch.

 A quick shot of my journaling spot and layered elements...

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you are staying nice and warm on what appears to be shaping up as a cold winter.

7 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Gorgeous layout! I love what you did with these papers. Cute!

Diana Waite said...

this is TOTALLY GORGEOUS--love the WHOLE thing!

Regina Mangum said...

I am so excited to be on the Imaginisce team with you, Heather! Your layout is GORGEOUS! XOXO

Rebecca Keppel said...

Thanks for the warm welcome to Imaginisce--so excited to be working with you this year :) and that layout is GORGEOUS--love all the layers and ddetails.

Adora Concepcion said...

hi heather, your layout is gorgeous! I am excited to be working with such talented ladies.

Adora

Unknown said...

Congrats to you! I'm excited to work with you! Your layout is fabulous!

Mary Ann Jenkins said...

Congrats on Imaginisce!! I'm looking forward to working with such a great group of talented girls!