Friday, November 5, 2010

Adorable You

Check out the first challenge over at Crop Suey, with the new owner and new Design Team. Mia challenged us to use at least 3 out of the following 5 items on our scrappy project/layout/card.
Here's the list of items and comments on how I incorporated 4 out of 5 of them in the layout below:
  • White cardstock - it's there under all that mist.
  • Buttons - I used square buttons as photo corners on some of the photos.
  • Stamp - I used the reverse image of 3 stamps to create the journal areas.  Basically I determined the size of the stamp, journaled and doodled in the area before stamping, flipped the acrylic stamp over  so I could stamp using the back of it, inked it with Versamark, and added clear embossing powder.  I wanted to show the white underneath and use it for journaling but also to resist the misting.
  • Ink/mist/paint - I inked the edges of the paper and misted the white cardstock.  I used Tattered Leather and Pink Bubblegum mist. I normally don't mist THIS much but I was going for that stamp embossing/mists resist effect.
  • Distressing - not included on my layout unless you consider the inked edges.


Here's the corresponding sketch I created for this layout.  I love using sketches created by others so I thought I'd create a sketch for this layout.  Please let me know if you use it and link me to your layout.  I'd love to see your creations based on this sketch.


Check out what the rest of the Design Team did and be sure to play along with this challenge for a chance to be eligible to win 30 (yes, 30) 3' lengths of ribbon from May Arts, our November Crop Suey sponsor! You can see pics of the ribbon on the Crop Suey blog. You have until midnight EST on November 20th to submit your creation!

Oh and last but not least come back next week for the Hippity Hop Blog Hop.  6 challenge blogs have teamed together for a few days of fun and prizes.  You don't want to miss this!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Heather your layout is so yummy you could gobble it up, seriously! I love your design and the great colors too!

Have a great weekend!
e.

Sandy Ang said...

Wonderful combination of green against the pink splatter background.
Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html